Life, the universe and everything.

D O N' T P A N I C

Monday, February 20, 2006

The Saudi Diary: Of the Aspect Ratio

The reason mankind survives today is the fact that we were very fast in adapting to the new environment. Within a day of landing here, and after some 3 hours of cumulative car ride, my aspect ratio of life adapted itself to this country of Oil Sheikhs. And so when I suggested “that odd looking, bulbous small car” to someone, guy dutifully pointed out that “that odd looking, bulbous small car “, was in fact the Hyundai Accent, a car reasonably respected back home. And so I realized that my eyes had shifted to an aspect ratio of 16:9 from the earlier 4:3. Not that I can blame the sheikhs. They have never faced the rising fuel pricing bills. I am waiting for the day cars start running on water. That will be the day these spoilt fuel guzzlers will face the music. As of now, they are happy driving these expensive beauties on the smooth six-lanes. I am happy admiring them from the window of my cab, which generally, is Toyota Camry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home