Life, the universe and everything.

D O N' T P A N I C

Monday, February 05, 2007

Morning blues

Scene:
Morning 6:30 am
I am sleepily ironing the shirt and trousers. The steam iron is pretty hot but on today's cotton clothes, creases don't go away so easily, so the iron is on the hottest setting.
Cellphone rings.
Tring tring tring
I answer the call.
Hello!
Aaaaaah...Shit. %$#@%^&
The cellphone is surprisingly hot and spewing steam.
Tring tring tring

Cursing, I pull the iron away from my erstwhile cheek and ears. I run to the mirror. How bad can it be?
Its not too bad. A smart red gash across the cheek. Adds to my masculine personality.

Day begins.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sandeep Khemka said...

guess no one but u could possbly have mistaken an iron for a cellphone...

Mon Feb 05, 07:32:00 PM GMT+5:30  
Blogger Senthil said...

You're at a new place! Quick, make up a macho story to go with the scar. Along the lines of "there was this girl who was being harassed by a cattle brander..."

Wed Feb 07, 10:57:00 PM GMT+5:30  
Blogger Pranav said...

Khemka- where is your sense of humor baby
Senti- That's a nice line of thought you have given me. Sheesh...why can't I come up with such original ideas. :(

Thu Feb 08, 06:06:00 PM GMT+5:30  
Blogger Gautam said...

now thats one thing which i know i would not be able to emulate....dost...u just set up a tough barrier to cross

Wed Apr 16, 02:09:00 AM GMT+5:30  

Post a Comment

<< Home