Life, the universe and everything.

D O N' T P A N I C

Friday, October 06, 2006

A common sense conversation on a common day

“I have been requesting the ICICI bank to send my credit card bills on email. Every month I have to follow up. Can you please do something?”
“Yes Sir! Let me check”
After some brief “Hum Hain na” interlude, the man comes back on line (I have already started humming the tune)
“Sir, I believe you had given a request for change in email id on 6th Sept”
“Yes. I think I had done that because your statements weren’t reaching me on my hotmail id so I thought maybe changing to gmail would help”
“You see sir, that request was given on 6th Sept. It takes one billing cycle for the change to take effect. So you will get the statement on the gmail id in November”
“Okay, does that mean the statement would have been sent on my hotmail id”
“No sir, you see, this time you will not get statement at any id. But I have manually sent a request for a statement to be sent to you on your gmail id”
“But…don’t you think it’s a little strange?”
A long uneasy silence.
“Okay. Thanks a lot Vinay”
“Thank you sir”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home