Life, the universe and everything.

D O N' T P A N I C

Monday, February 20, 2006

The Saudi Diary: The beauties on the road

If somebody saw me stuck in a traffic jam in the rush hour in Jeddah, in the back seat of the cab, smiling ear-to-ear, he is sure to reach certain unflattering conclusions about my state of mind. And if it happened everyday, well, then I am surely going crazy. But what can a man do when faced with a situation where he is sharing the road with the cars that have been a staple diet for his day-dreams. I keep looking out and brands like Hummer, Audi TT, Porsche Carrera, Beetle (among countless other lesser marquees such as Toyota, Honda, Ford) keep me glued to the window. And I actually touched a Hummer (it was parked in the curb and I acted like I was accidentally falling). J I also have a mind to ask all those back home who criticize Tata Indica because it is now associated with being a taxi: would they buy a Toyota Camry. Almost all the taxis here are Toyota Camry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home