Life, the universe and everything.

D O N' T P A N I C

Saturday, March 25, 2006

The first time...

The first time I tied my shoe laces
The first time I saw appreciation on unknown faces
The first journey to the outer world, all alone
My first bandage when i fractured my bone

The first betrayal and that first selfless friendship
The first journey to the wild river and that first hesitant dip
The first ragging, first striptease and those tears
The first time alone I fought those demonic fears

My first dissection, first cut on that poor frog
To attain a healthy bod, my early morning first jog
My first "awakening" to the females of this world, and acting smart
My first dream to be a film director, hidden deep in my heart

My first victory in badminton, my dad was a proud man
My first flight, praying as the metallic thing prepared to land
The first time I stood first in the class
My first academic failure: Chemistry, I failed to pass

My first mobike, bought with my own money and some loan
My first farewell speech, as i ventured into the next unknown
The first thrill of the sea, the sand and the rising wave
The end of adoloscence, with that first genuine shave

The first time I touched 100kmph, and felt one with THE ONE
The first time I completed the half marathon, full 21 km run
The first GD, I trembled and couldn't utter a single word
The first time I did paragliding, flying in air like a bird

The first touch of snow, as I slowly myself turned into ice
And the first shot of whisky, the warmth inside really felt nice
First watch that I bought my dad, and felt so proud
The first trek in Sahyadris and that walk among the clouds

Each one of these days, I remember with vivid details
Each one is a gem, in comparison every other memory fails

3 Comments:

Blogger Senthil said...

Awesome, my man! Sahi hai! All that suffering has certainly helped the poetic streak in you... :)

Sat Mar 25, 06:34:00 PM GMT+5:30  
Blogger Pranav said...

I guess suffering is a poets best inspiration...And suffering is the only thing in abundance here.
:o)
Thank you very much hai jee.

Sun Mar 26, 12:35:00 PM GMT+5:30  
Blogger Sandeep Khemka said...

never knew frustration and being saddled with not the best of people in not the best of lands in not the best of conditions brings the creative juices out of you...

Sun Mar 26, 01:14:00 PM GMT+5:30  

Post a Comment

<< Home