Life, the universe and everything.

D O N' T P A N I C

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Saudi Diary: OK TATA

The light turned red and our cab came to a screeching halt. Secretly thanking those who invented the seat-belts, I kept looking ahead…our cab driver was a formula 1 hopeful. It was then I heard the noisy engine of the vehicle next to me. Although the windows were rolled up, the noise could still be felt. So I turned my head to have a look at the culprit. And what I saw looked familiar. It had TATA written in large, bold letters. A TELCOLINE greeted my sight. TATA Motors sells its 207 Pick-up as TELCOLINE in export markets. The main difference it has that this vehicle has a passenger cabin as well. Since then I have seen some five odd TELCOLINE’s and a TATA bus. And every time I somewhere deep down, feel proud. Rather odd, considering back home we hardly appreciate what TATA Motors is doing. But here in Jeddah, far away from desh, life takes a different meaning I guess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home