Life, the universe and everything.

D O N' T P A N I C

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Saudi Diary: Raising Avenger

Raising Avenger
Fourteen days and no news from Suki. Suki: A dear friend whose love for biking dangerously borders at (and mostly wanders into) madness. He is the one who is living his dreams. The one who defies all cold logic and common senses and does his own thing ‘cause he feels like it. And so what if he is gets drunk if the vapour of some stray alcohol atoms gets its way inside his nervous system, he is always in control of his bike. Numerous rallies are witness to his skills and so, enthused by his unquestionable dominion in the world of two-wheelers, yours truly entrusted him with his second love: My brand new Bajaj Avenger. She had hardly burnt enough rubber on the tarmac to even qualify as a proper run-in bike when my spoilsport company decided to give me the taste of desert and sent me to Saudi. It meant leaving my latest possession to someone I trusted, truly. And so she was promptly packed away to Suki, with a clear instruction to him.
“These are the forming days of my bike. Please don’t let your instinct take the better of you. Groom her into a cruiser that she is meant to be….and not into a racer (she would anyway perform miserably in that).” Today I feel miserable because I can’t take part in the character building of my own bike. My own full-cash-paid cruiser. I just hope and pray to God that Suki doesn’t turn it into a street racer or an off-roader.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home