Life, the universe and everything.

D O N' T P A N I C

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Saudi Diary: The tormentor

I was dreading the moment. As I switched on the T.V. (like I do every morning) I could hear the voice of a 20 something on a request show on the only Hindi channel available in my hotel in Jeddah.
“Shamita, can you please play the song Aashiq Banaya Aapne.”
And being the good VJ (ah…good?) she is, she did what she had to do. And next came the man with a cap (is it the same in all his songs?) and a voice that would compete with my nasal best when I perform in the bathroom.
This is the voice that has tormented me from the time I landed here in this country. The hotel has only one hindi channel and that happens to be B4U. And by some cosmic conspiracy, all the listeners of B4U seem to have taken unnatural liking to the nasal voice of certain Mr. Reshammiya.
One day I decided to count how many times I get to hear Mr. Himesh Reshammiya and returned with a mindblowing figure: 7 songs within an hour.
I survive....I hope I will last this trip.

2 Comments:

Blogger Senthil said...

Come to Haridwar, where we have lots of nice channels.

Thu Mar 09, 01:56:00 AM GMT+5:30  
Blogger Pranav said...

Does it have eggs and non-veg, Sentilo?

Sat Mar 11, 06:21:00 PM GMT+5:30  

Post a Comment

<< Home